2017. május 22.-ig lehet még jelentkezni
Munka megnevezése: Consultancy Services for Setting up Content for Mobile Application for Improved Access to Agricultural Value Chain Information for Farmers in Hungary, Home-based
Kötelességek és feladatok:
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Chief, Division for Arab States, Europe and the CIS of the UN Office for South-South Cooperation, the incumbent is responsible for production of the country-specific content and testing it appearance in the mobile application (based on the successful model of the MEVA application and adjusted to the national/local context).
More specifically, the incumbent will perform the following Activities:
- In consultation with the national partner (the Ministry of Agriculture – MOA) and the lead center(s) of excellence in the field of agriculture, identify the agricultural production area that might be of relevance/interest for the small-holder farmers in the country and prepare a list of needs/agricultural themes in one of the following agricultural themes: agricultural biotechnology, agro-tourism, aquaculture, horticulture, irrigation and water management, livestock, management of farmer-based organizations, pasture management, product marketing and public-private partnerships, or other areas, for producing country-specific content for the mobile application;
- Lean and explore the technical opportunities provided by the application and its replicability in the national context; propose suggestions on adjusting and adopting the mobile application to the national/local needs;
- Based on the minimum required structure below produce the draft final structure of the content in English and Hungarian;
- Once the structure is approved by the national partner and UNOSSC, in consultation with the lead center of excellence and farmers identified by the MOA and/or the center(s) of excellence define, search, collect, digitalize and organize the information, while ensuring the environmental compliance of the practical solutions and background knowledge (manuals and publications) proposed to the farmers. The information should be structured in accordance with the hierarchy categories similar to those used in MEVA application to ensure easy use and access, as well as contain visual explanations through images and videos. The information should represent a library of training and informational materials that can be used in the context of the product value chains and should be responsive to the actual needs of the target groups (farmers);
- Source and produce unique and relevant photographs, video, illustrations, informative infographics, and notations, if relevant, to be included in the country-specific content of the application for providing proper visualization of the information;
- Ensure review/consultations with national partners and other stakeholders as per the guidance provided by the UNOSSC;
- Finalize the text of the country-specific content by following up on the comments/questions provided in the process of review/consultations with stakeholders; provide follow up adjustment logs on each comment/question (indicating where exactly in the text the adjustment is made in response to each stakeholder’s comment/question);
- Ensure stylistic editing of the entire text to clarify meaning, ensure coherence and flow, and refine the language in which the original country-specific content will be produced with the English version (to be translated in the agreement with the UNOSSC);
- Work with the layout designer that will be provided by the UNOSSC to ensure the best final look of the country-specific content in the application;
- In collaboration with the application developer (to be suggested by UNOSSC) ensure the links for materials are active in the application and the materials can be downloaded in PDF format;
- In consultation with the application developer (to be suggested by UNOSSC) ensure operationalization and functionality of the application populated with the country-specific content;
- Provide final deliverable in the form of the structured content placed in the mobile application as a database of the agricultural value chain information and specific tools supporting decision-making by farmers.
Minimum required structure for the publication: The tentative contect structure: Tips and Tricks – Core Solutions: Content, similar to what is currently accessible through the rotating disk menu on MEVA application, would represent concrete and concise description of practical solutions to concrete problems faced by small-holder farmers in a given country and in a given agricultural theme chosen, with figures and other data, timing information, schemes, photos (if necessary). Solutions would be sourced locally through a national-level consultancy and based on the list of needs/agricultural themes of interest prepared by the consultant based on their best understanding of local context, including:
- Solutions and tips from national centers of excellence, research centers, etc.
- Solutions and tips from the field (sourced from the experienced farmers)
- Solutions and tips from projects supported by international organizations, including IFAD and IsDB, in the country;
- Solutions and tips from other relevant sources.
Manuals and Publications to be sourced – Background Knowledge: Content, similar to what is currently accessible through the bookshelf menu on MEVA application, would represent the following types of knowledge products available as PDF documents:
- Several studies (available in English and one or two more languages) covering one (or several) of the nine agricultural themes relevant to the country-specific content, including agricultural biotechnology, agro-tourism aquaculture, horticulture, irrigation and water management, livestock, management of farmer-based organizations, pasture management, product marketing and public-private partnerships.
- Other Manuals on one (or several) of the nine agricultural themes and other relevant themes/topics
List for Deliverables: (Deliverables; Submission deadline; Indicative proportion of the work input)
- Thematics and the structure of the country-specific content; End of the 2st week of the contract; 5%;
- Draft country-specific content provided for review and consultations with national partner and UNOSSC; End of the 10th week; 50%;
- Finalized country-specific content in accordance with received comments and recommendations and enriched with photographs, infographics, video, if relevant); End of the 12th week; 20%;
- Edited and refined final content of the English version (if initial content is produced in local language); End of the 14th week; 5%;
- Country-specific content is placed in the mobile application and tested in collaboration with the developer; End of the 15th week; 5%;
- The best final look of the country-specific content is ensured in collaboration with the layout designer; functionality of the country-specific sections of the application is tested in collaboration with the application developer; End of the 15th week; 10%;
- Final deliverable in the form of the structured content placed in the mobile application; End of the 16th week; 5%;Monitoring/ Reporting requirements
További részletek: https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1493277195662